Digital Communication Innovation Square (DCIS) under Champion Services Sector Scheme (CSSS)
Government of India had announced flagship initiative of Startup India that is intended to catalyze startup culture and build a strong and inclusive ecosystem for innovation and entrepreneurship in India,
TCOE India invited applications under the scheme named DCIS (Digital Communication Innovation Square (DCIS) under Champion Services Sector Scheme (CSSS)) on behalf of Department of Telecom (DoT) in year 2021 and 2022
- Major objectives to promote the ecosystem for research, design, development, proof of concept testing, IPR creation, pilot project and manufacturing i.e. complete value chain to make India a global hub for production of telecommunication equipment and a centre for digital communication services
- Along with develop and establish standards to meet national requirements and participate in international standardization bodies to contribute in formulation of global standards, thereby making India a leading nation in the area of international telecom standardization
- To promote India specific application development that matches with behavioral pattern of the masses and adds value to their day-to-day activities both economic and social
- Then to create synergies among the Academia, Research Institutes, Startups and Industry for capacity building and development of a balanced telecom ecosystem by organizing workshops/seminar/ webinar etc. for sharing their views, plans, expectations and concerns in a free and constructive manner.
- And Bridge the gap between R&D and commercialization
TCOE India is implementing the Scheme on behalf of the Department of Telecom. The Implementing Agency (IA) is working under the overall supervision of the Apex Committee and guidelines issued by the DoT. IA successfully organized all the meetings and sought all the necessary recommendations from respective authorities to execute the scheme smoothly during DCIS 2021.
As per the scheme norms Successful applicants will be offered funding support in the form of a grant of up to Rs. 50 lakhs for Startup, Rs. 2 Cr. for MSME and 10Cr for consortium. However, the grant up to Rs. 10 Cr. may be considered for technology products requiring higher funding on the recommendation by TEC and approval by Apex Committee. The fund disbursement will be milestone-based and will be released in 4 installments as follows :-
|1st Installment||Signing of Contract||40% of the total Grant|
|2nd Installment||Completion of 1st milestone||20% of the total Grant|
|3rd Installment||Completion of 2nd Milestone||20% of the total Grant|
|4th Installment||Completion of project and submission of report with prototype/product (focusing on technology completion of the project and outcome could be technical success or failure)||20% of the total Grant|
For more information, visit: https://dcis.dot.gov.in/